Saturday, April 17, 2010

New Season, New Challenges, Same Desire!

Well the 2010 golf season is finally upon us out here in Manitoba. I have moved positions from an amatuer at Selkirk to being an Assistant Professional in Carman MB. This is going to a fairly drastic change for me. In playing amateur events if I was not in a position to win then I would not loose any sleep about a missed four footer on the last hole. Now that I am playing for a living that missed putt could be worth $50 or $500. Every shot I can save means more money in my pocket. I know that there will be a few reminders early on in my pro career when on the drive home that I will be saying to myself that if I only thought that one shot out better then I could buy kari an even nicer gift with my winnings. (hope you like Kari)

Even with these changes in how I may treat a tournament or golf in general for the year my desire to grow as a player will be just as strong as ever. Every day whether practiciing or playing I will be striving to achieve a personal goal set out for that day. These goals change as the year goes on. However if I can leave the course everyday knowing that I have put in an honest effort into achieving that goal then there is no reason to believe that i will be setting myself up to taking that next step to a tour player in the short future.

Scott
p.s. still no tag :(

No comments:

Post a Comment