Saturday, April 17, 2010

INSANITY!!!

Ok so here is a little blurb for everyone whether you know a lot about golf or not. As you all probably know fitness is a huge part of any athletes training. Over the years this is the part of the game that I have taken the least enjoyment in doing. When I know that I was going to be moving to a new town one month before Kari arrived I figured that this would be a great time to get into better shape for golf and also just to live a healthier life. Cause really what else are you going to do in a new town of 3000 people where you know only 4 people. In the past I have found it hard to stick to a routine so this time I decided that I would try a home workout video. I saw the commercial for Insanity by Shawn T. It is a workout where you use no other items but your own body. It claimed that "all you need is a place to sweat". "It is the harderst workout you will ever do". So i decided to see if i can't download it somewhere off the internet. I figured that if i can see a video of no cousins baby girl Emma winking then i should be able to find this. Find it i did.

So it is currently saturday and I have completed my first 4 workouts and the fit test. However completed might be the wrong choice of words. The disc has played in its entirety and I have kept up with around 60% of it. Personally it is the hardest workout i have ever done.

The one thing about this video is the instructor or lead person Shawn T. I have not been this inspired by something on TV since hearing the "I believe" song played during a gold medal recap at he 2010 Winter Olympiad. With that being said all he does is discuss the movements then offer three phrases of praise:
1. Push, Push, Push Yourself
2. Faster, Faster, Faster
3. Im not trying to hurt you, just make you better

That is all that it takes to make me feel like this guy really wants me to have a six pack and chiseled arms, almost as much as Kari wishes for it. These videos have shown me that i really can push myself to limits that i thought were not possible and i hope to take this lesson and apply it to every aspect of my life.

So Shawn T who i am going to try to add on facebook has been my closest friend since moving here but also my worst enemy.

Last note if any of you readers ever cross paths with a young gentelman named Brian Buffie of Selkirk. Ask him to show you how to do a proper set of MUMMY KICKS!!!

Scott

3 comments:

  1. bahaha!! Charter's got nothin' on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I cannot wait to witness this spectacle for myself! Loving your posts so far....

    ReplyDelete